As a homeschool Mom, I’m looking for a free program that gives my littles an equivalent–or better–education than they would receive in a public school setting.
You see, I am a public school educator by profession, and I want my kids to be on target.
Currently, my favorite resources are the Florida State Standards for Three-Year-Olds. When I follow these standards, I get a sense of what my children should be learning, and from these standards, I have created the following free, engaging homeschool program for four-year-old social studies.
Following, you will see the five three-year-old standards. Click for resources!
- Begins to recognize and appreciate similarities and differences in people.
- Begins to understand family characteristics, roles and functions.
- Shows awareness of some social roles and jobs that people do.
- Demonstrates awareness of group rules.
- Demonstrates awareness of the environment around them.