As a homeschool Mom, I’m looking for a free program that gives my littles an equivalent–or better–education than they would receive in a public school setting.
You see, I am a public school educator by profession, and I want my kids to be on target.
Currently, my favorite resources are the Florida State Standards for Three-Year-Olds. These standards give me a sense of what my child needs to learn, and there are some great teaching ideas included.
Following, you will see the five three-year-old standards. Click for ideas and resources!
- Begins to recognize and appreciate similarities and differences in people.
- Begins to understand family characteristics, roles and functions.
- Shows awareness of some social roles and jobs that people do.
- Demonstrates awareness of group rules.
- Demonstrates awareness of the environment around them.
One of my favorite parts about being a homeschool Mom is that all of these standards can be met in everday life, talking about our family traditions or the firemen driving the fire truck that just passed us. Once we’re aware of what needs to be taught, it’s easy to make it happen in the hours we have at home.