Looking for free homeschool lessons to accompany your science program? Look no further!
- How Wee Learn’s massive list of Seed Activities.
- The Seeds we Eat by Teach Beside Me.
- Growing Seeds in a Plastic Bag by Inspiration Laboratories.
- Videos about plants, gathered by SimplyKinder.
- Plant Life Cycle emergent reader book, a freebie on TPT.
- Parts of a Plant lesson and coloring page by Lakeshore Learning.
Here are some books we found at our library related to plants:
How do plants grow? Royston, Angela
Dig & Sow! How do plants grow? Lobb, Janice
And, for a math connection, give your child a ruler or a reference object to measure a growing plant. Measure daily or several times a week, and create a graph at NCES’s Kids Zone to show the height over time.